Membership of the Institution shall be open to persons whose qualifications, duties and activities are such as to cause them to be interested in the science and practice of engineering.
Membership of the Institution shall consist of:
|1. Corporate Members made up of:||2. Non-Corporate Members made up of:|
|Honorary Fellows and||Affiliates|
To become a member we require:
- The application form should be completed in FULL otherwise it will not accepted;
- All supporting documents accompanying the application form (certificates, ID & passports) MUST be certified by the issuing authority and in the absence of the issuing authority the Embassy should be used instead.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae and reference letter MUST be attached to the application form on submission
- The applicant MUST make sure that attesting proposers and supporters are BIE PAID UP MEMBERS
- A non-refundable00 should be paid upon submission of the application form for Corporate and non- corporate members with the exception of students who will be required to pay a non-refundable P20.00.
- Assessment of the application will take between 6 to 8 weeks
All members of the Institution shall be entitled to Membership Certificates appertaining to the particular class of membership and signed by the President and the Secretary. Certificates shall remain the property of the Institution. All certificates issued to members shall bear the Seal of the Institution. Should the holder of a certificate cease to be a member he shall, on request, return the certificate to the Institution.
BIE’s Application and Subscription fees are as follows below:
|1||Fellow||BWP 100||BWP 900|
|2||MEMBER||BWP 100||BWP 900|
|3||HONORARY||BWP 100||BWP 500|
|4||COMPANION||BWP 100||BWP 500|
|5||GRADUATE||BWP 100||BWP 500|
|6||AFFILIATE||BWP 100||BWP 500|
|7||TECHNICIAN||BWP 100||BWP 500|
|8||STUDENT||BWP 20||BWP 150|
All Subscription fees are paid on an annually basis.